#profile-container h2.sidebar-title {display:none;}

Monday, October 23, 2006

5 Things You Didn't Know About Me

Thanks Gentleman Oracle for tagging me. I will do you the honour of adding you to my blogroll when I get around to it.

5 things you didn't know about me;

1) I have unusually small ears and one of them is slightly pointed. I have long hair at the moment so no one notices, but when I had it short a few years ago people used to say I look like a pixie or an elf or something. I liked that actually so might have it cut again. I read a crazy book by some New Age Guru saying some of us are descended from faries and elves so I can imagine I am in this category.......

2) Lorainne is not the name on my birth certificate. I was originally named Lorna Jennifer Siobhan but hated Lorna so much that I made all my friends and family call me Lorainne until I changed it by deed poll at age 19. Chucked the Jennifer as well. I kept the Siobhan though (as my aunt chose it and would not have been pleased) and decided to spell Lorainne with 2 'n's because I read a book about numerology which said I would be luckier with that spelling.

3) I have seen a ghost but when I tell people about it they mostly laugh at me (apart from fellow student teacher Danni who is sitting next to me at the moment who believes in that kind of stuff...)

4) A lot of people say I am eccentric but I take this as a compliment.

5)I think I may have a third nipple and possibly a fourth but I have been told (by my boyfriend - because I do not just ask random people to look at my chest) that it may be a mole.
(Monkeys and female primates in general have four nipples as they have so many babies. Therefore residual addidional nipples in human females goes to prove Darwins theory of evolution. Or it could just mean I am a freak. I haven't got any babies (not yet, maybe one day I hope....) but I doubt I would be able to feed them from aforementioned additional nipples as they are very very tiny and not well formed)

Can't think of anyone to tag :-( - I am aware that some of my blogger contacts are not keen on being tagged - also am new to blogging and only have a few cyber-friends at the moment.......hopefully that will change very soon!!!

11 Comments:

Blogger Antonio from Italy said...

You have seen a ghost. I can believe you, because I myself saw something of that kind many years ago...
I saw it more than once, it wasn't a ghost, but I promised not to tell anybody what it was, because they told me that if I revealed what I saw, bad luck could come over me...

12:42 PM  
Blogger Sharon J said...

Hi, I came here via Leo's blog and will be visiting again. Consider yourself as having another blogging friend :-)

Definitely take the eccentricity as a compliment! Who wants to resemble dishwater? I intend to don my purple boa and grow old disgracefully!

I have no trouble believing you've seen a ghost, either. I firmly believe that spirit lives on after we've left this physical existence and that are bodies are merely tools necessary for live on earth.

Sharon xx

PS: Could you change your blog so that it allows post from those who aren't blogger members. I am but no longer use my blooger blog and would find it easier to link directly to my current blog.

1:07 PM  
Blogger CW said...

Thanks for the tag offer, Lorainne, but I'm afraid I will have to politely decline on this occasion as it would go against the principles of The Dreaming Arm as a forum for enlightened discussion and informed thought. BTW, the Grombie is doing remarkably well for a week-old blog. Keep up the good work.

4:39 AM  
Blogger Lady Fotherington-Smethers said...

I regret that The Illustrious Arm feels tagging would be a prostitution of his highbrow writings!!! Only joking - I understand your reasons for declining and love your blog. Thanks for your good wishes.

Lorainne xxx

4:47 AM  
Blogger David Todd said...

I'll be a cyber-friend if you promise not to tag me :-)

1:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Fotherington-Smethers said...

I won't tag you cyberscribe and will comment on your blog if/when I have something intelligent or interesting to say!! Sharon I will work out how to allow comments from non-blogger members and change it. Antonio I wish I could hear the story of your ghostly encounter but I understand why you cannot speak about it!!

6:29 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Glad that you did the tag too.
Eccentricity is good!
I would love to comment on your nipples, but can't think of anything witty to say! :)
Thanks for dropping by my blog.
Cx

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re. the pointy ear: how pointy? Like Spock pointy? We deserve a photo!

9:51 PM  
Blogger David Todd said...

I was reading HERE...

We should also think of the superstitious ideas of third bodily organs. Apart from our fingers and toes, we mainly think of our basic corporeal endowment in terms of one and twos. We normally greet with alarm the idea of two heads or three nostrils.

To have a third nipple was no joke in Shakespeare's time, but a matter of life or death for those suspected of witchcraft. Macbeth makes a nervous joke in response to the Second Apparition, the bloody child who cries: 'Macbeth, Macbeth, Macbeth,' to which Macbeth replies 'Had I three ears, I'd hear thee.' But this play holds so many triple happenings and utterances that perhaps one does need a third ear.

5:11 AM  
Blogger Lady Fotherington-Smethers said...

Interesting article Cyberscribe - I think I would have been burned as a witch in medeaval times - as I read that witches were supposed to have third nipples to 'feed the devils children'!! Sandra my ear is not as pointy as spock!!! Caroline perhaps I will shut up about my nipples now ;-) except to say I have a friend who says she has had hers pierced (I have never asked to have a look!!) - think she is mad HOW could she deal with this amount of pain!!!???!!!

2:31 AM  
Blogger The Divine Mr. M said...

Fantastic blog (as usual)

Thanks for doing this Lorraine and sorry it took so long to comment.

I think it won't be long before you have those cyber friends

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home