#profile-container h2.sidebar-title {display:none;}

Friday, November 10, 2006

The Meaning of Life (2) - Everything is a Joke!

I treat everything as an opportunity for humour. I started to think about this recently when a strange old man in a supermarket queue called me a facetious cow. The lady at the checkout had complained about being cold. He had remarked that if she did more work she would be warmer. I then pointed out that it was difficult for her to keep warm when she was sitting down all day and was only given a thin blouse to wear. Obviously he was a rude disturbed individual with no life and a personality disorder but it did make me think. There is nothing that I will not make a joke about - war, death, bald people, fat people, religion, the state of the world the list is endless. I don't think this is cruel or insensitive. I am happy to take a joke against myself and regularly make fun of myself also.

There was a time when the government in the UK were considering passing a law to ban jokes about race, religion, gender etc or whatever other stupid things some people get offended over. This would in effect ban all stand up comedy so I am glad it didn't happen.

There is something positive about everything - even death - afer all it will be interesting to find out what happens aferwards (obviously I don't want it to happen to me yet, I want to die in my sleep at age 100). So I think everyone should lighten up, stop moaning and laugh at each other more. Politics is a joke (look at the monkey in charge of the USA), religion is a joke (people claiming to support peace are making war on other religions also claiming to support peace). And when we die I am sure God will say something like
"What, the Bible - you didn't think I was serious with all that sh*te did you'!! I just wanted to give you something else to fight about!!"

4 Comments:

Blogger The Divine Mr. M said...

Fantastice blog. People do have a tendancy to take themselves far too seriously. I know i have been known to do it myself but i recognise it and laugh about it afterwards.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Sharon J said...

I can think of a person who comments on my blog who'd do well to come over here and read this post. You are so right... people need to lighten up and see the humour in situations instead of complaining the whole time.

1:56 AM  
Blogger Antonio from Italy said...

Life's too short to be serious all the time.
I myself try to find the funny side of situations, even the saddest ones. It's the only way to relief the stress these situations put on us!

2:36 AM  
Blogger Lady Fotherington-Smethers said...

Thanks for the responses!!

G Oracle it is good that you can laugh at yourself ....we can laugh at you too....(sorry, couldn't resist)

Sillypsist - the positive thing about askinstoo is that he has made a comment - even though it is a pointless and meaningless one.

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home